Green Growth Planning builds on national commitments to low-carbon development and climate change adaptation. Identifying innovative modes of economic development and sustainable uses for natural resources are key pillars of this planning.
Indufor works with national and subnational governments to evaluate baseline conditions and options for achieving sustainable development objectives, factoring in rules, markets, and capacity-building measures, and to determine the steps needed for financing and implementation.
We give guidance on reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) and develop sector-specific strategies for forestry and other sectors with outsized impacts on land, such as agriculture. We also design specific land-based interventions that nest within broader sectoral strategies and support countries seeking to engage at the international level.
Indufor is a Green Climate Fund-accredited private sector organisation with a team of negotiations experts trained under the UNFCCC. We offer in-depth understanding of multilateral environmental agreements and processes, and draw from years of experience advising international organisations and initiatives and their secretariats.
Our services in this area include:
- Reference emission level/reference level development
- Baseline development and projections
- Climate change risk assessment
- Forest/land governance assessment
- Low-carbon development planning
- REDD+ strategy development
- Climate change adaptation planning
- Program design and implementation support
- Policy design and technical support on institutional reform
- Carbon market analysis
Project examples include the following:
- Government of Mauritius: Coastal Adaptation Measures to Climate Change in Mauritius (2014-2017)
- Designing Bankable Projects for Forest and Land-Based Mitigation within a Jurisdictional Green Growth Approach in Indonesia, for the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI).