Climate change is increasingly presenting new challenges in the form of erratic and extreme weather conditions, such as droughts, floods, and storms resulting in higher temperatures. As the world transitions to a low-carbon economy and recognizes the realities of climate change, there is an increasing need to develop pathways for sustainable growth, climate change mitigation, and climate resilience. Forest landscapes have a critical role to play in supporting these paths and sustainable development strategies around the world.
Indufor acknowledges the cross-cutting nature of climate change and integrates it into our service areas for public sector, private sector, and nonprofit clients, with a particular focus on forest landscapes, agriculture, and coastal resource management. We have extensive experience working on climate issues across Europe, North America, Oceania, Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
We assist public sector and nonprofit clients in the following areas:
- Strategic and policy analyses, e.g., assessment of climate finance flows, sustainable forest management frameworks, impacts of proposed policies
- Implementing large programs to address drivers of deforestation
- Developing Reference Levels and Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) systems for REDD+ and other forest programs at the national and sub-national levels
- Monitoring, evaluation, and learning of donor-funded initiatives on forests, climate, and sustainable land use
We also assist corporate and investor clients in the following areas:
- Due diligence and monitoring of investments incorporating climate risks, impacts, and mitigation measures
- Carbon footprinting and life cycle assessment, including of carbon stock and sequestration potential for forest projects
- Carbon market opportunity analysis
- Project conceptualization for forest carbon projects
- Managing climate risks and opportunities, including catastrophic loss
- Supplier risk assessments, e.g. for land tenure risk or zero-deforestation sourcing
- Development of climate strategy and sustainable sourcing policy
- Development of low-emissions business models
- Monitoring landscapes to deliver forest/climate commitments
- Building strategic communication strategies for climate change mitigation and adaptation
Indufor provides services in all aspects and phases of REDD+ development. We have over a decade of experience working with REDD+ covering Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Climate change is increasingly presenting new challenges in the form of erratic and extreme weather conditions, such as droughts, floods, and storms as a result of higher temperatures. Indufor provides services on climate change adaptation that deliver solutions on how both people and ecosystems can adapt to climate change.