Assessing your company’s or industry segment’s performance in relation to similar companies or industry segments in other countries can be difficult. Some information can be gleaned from public companies’ annual reports, but their figures are often too general to make true comparisons of specific segments within the forest industry. Indufor overcomes this information roadblock with a two-pronged approach to benchmarking:
- Indufor Industry Segment Productivity Assessments (IISPA)
- Indufor Single Plant Benchmarking Studies (ISPBS).
IISPA compares the performance of specific industry segments in different countries over time. This type of assessment provides a macro-level tool that helps industry associations and governmental and non-governmental organisations understand why an industry segment’s competitiveness has improved or diminished relative to the same segment in other countries.
ISPBS provides plant managers, middle management, and other staff with practical “apples to apples” comparisons on their plant’s performance relative to other companies’ performance in the same segment. These studies cover issues related to manufacturing costs, productivity, sales and product mix, raw material use and recovery, and other pertinent factors.
Indufor has a broad range of expertise in wood products and their manufacturing processes, and we understand the complex operational and market factors that impact a manufacturing plants’ bottom line. As part of ISPBS, our team performs technology assessments – commonly a central component of due diligence processes and financial evaluations – with the objective to improve a plant’s financial performance without major additional capital investment. For these comprehensive assessments, Indufor’s team of experts travels to the plant in question to observe its operation and analyses past performance data and financial records.
Our project references include the following:
- Sawmilling Industry Benchmarking in Russia (2021)
- Analysis of the Swedish Forest Industry (2021)
- Evaluation and Advice on Capital Expenditure Program for the Upgrade of an Oceania Based LVL Producer (2019).
- Wood Raw Material Price Benchmarking Development in the Baltic Rim (2015-2019)
- Technical Audit and Operational Improvements for a Birch Plywood Mill (2016)
- Development of Productivity, Price and Unit Costs in Forest Industries in Finland and Competing Countries (1980-2017).