The objective of the assignment was to determine the feasibility of investing to a greenfield sawmill and CHP plant in the Eastern Highlands of Zimbabwe.
The services provided included
1) Review the status of the project company’s existing sawmill to justify the investment to a greenfield sawmill,
2) Determining the availability and sustainability of sawlogs for the mill,
3) Determining the availability and sustainability of biomass for energy production (Biomass Sourcing Plan),
4) Evaluating the project’s environment and social sustainability (ESIA review),
5) Defining the optimal technological concepts for wood sourcing, processing and energy production,
6) Determining the financial feasibility of the investment and
7) Producing an outlook and evaluation of sustainability of timber industry in Eastern Zimbabwe.
For further information, please contact Jarno Seppälä.