Indufor has been awarded five framework contracts with the European Forest Institute EFI, to provide services related to the implementation of the EU FLEGT Facility activities from September 2010 until August 2012.
European Forest Institute’s EU FLEGT Facility has been established to support European Commission in implementing the EU Action Plan for Forest Law Enforcement Governance and Trade (FLEGT). It sets out a range of measures available to the European Union and its Member States to tackle illegal logging in the world’s forests.
Indufor will be providing specialist services to the EU FLEGT Facility in the following thematic areas together with LTS International, UK:
– Forest governance
– Capacity building
– Markets and demand side measures
– Legality assurance systems
– Monitoring Voluntary Partnership Agreements’ (VPA) impact
There are already two on-going assignments under the Legality Assurance Systems. These are
– Capacity building on FLEGT implementation for Forest Administration in Ghana, and
– Expert Analysis of VPA Legality Assurance Systems and EU Green Public Procurement – Expert Analysis, including case studies in Ghana, Cameroon, R.O. Congo and Indonesia