Indufor signed a contract worth EUR 4.85 million with the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland for the provision of technical assistance services to Support to National Forestry Program, Mozambique for the period of 2009-2014.
The Program will strengthen capacity of the forest sector in Mozambique to address the challenges of sustainable management of forests and wildlife as a contribution for poverty reduction, income generation and climate change adaptation and mitigation. In order to reach the goal, the Program will support the implementation of the National Forest Program (NFP) through three components:
1. Institutional support
• National Level Policy and Regulatory Work
• Law Enforcement
• Research and Innovations
2. Forest utilization, industrial development and improved business environment
• Zoning, land use planning and operational inventories
• Training on silviculture, forest management and wood industry
• Forestry industry development
3. Community based natural resource management
• Support to the development of community-based business and natural resource management
The main beneficiaries of the program are rural communities and small- scale farmers, concession owners and wood industry developers, forestry linked research and training institutions, NGOs and district level natural resource management units and DNTF and provincial and district forestry staff.