Green Growth Planning builds on national commitments to pursue low-carbon development and adaptation to climate change when identifying opportunities for economic development and sustainable use of natural resources.
Indufor works with national and subnational governments to evaluate baseline conditions and options for achieving sustainable development objectives, factoring in the use of rules, markets, and capacity-building measures, and steps needed for financing and implementation. We provide guidance on reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation (REDD+) as well as sector-specific strategies for forestry and other sectors with high impacts on land, like agriculture. We also design specific land-based interventions that nest within broader sectoral strategies. We also support countries seeking to engage at the international level.
Indufor is an accredited private sector organization to the Green Climate Fund, and have trained a delegation on negotiations under the UNFCCC. We offer an in-depth understanding of multilateral environmental agreements and processes, and experience supporting their secretariats and advising international organizations and initiatives.
Our services in this area include:
- Reference emission level/reference level development
- Baseline development and projections
- Climate change risk assessment
- Forest/land governance assessment
- Low-carbon development planning
- REDD+ strategy development
- Climate change adaptation planning
- Program design and implementation support
- Policy design and technical support on institutional reform
- Carbon market analysis
Project examples include the following:
- Government of Mauritius: Coastal Adaptation Measures to Climate Change in Mauritius (2014-2017)
- Designing Bankable Projects for Forest and Land-Based Mitigation within a Jurisdictional Green Growth Approach in Indonesia, for the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI).