Access to sufficient biomass at the right price is a critical factor in any new or existing industry reliant on biological feedstocks for its production. Key issues include land suitability, volumes available over time and competing demand, quality and physico-chemical constraints, and growing harvest and extraction costs.
Indufor supports its clients through offering a wide range of technical and advisory services including:
- Profiling site suitability for forest plantation and biomass species and varieties
- Assessing potential and realistic supply availability in biomass supply baskets
- Modelling competition for biomass resources over time
- Developing supply models and assessing associated cost structures.
Biomass sourcing does not end there. Indufor works with clients to develop sound procurement strategies, optimise grade mix, quality and cost structures, and can advise on contractual arrangements.
- Appraisal of Harvesting and Transport Operations and Improvement Plan in Russia (2017)
- Forest Resources GIS Database and Wood Procurement Operational Improvement Study for a Softwood Sawmill Company in Irkutsk Oblast, Russia (2016)
- Biomass Sourcing Plan and Sawmill and Co-Gen Power Plant Feasibility in Zimbabwe (2015)
Loading of full tree plantation pine logs in Zimbabwe