Organizational Strategy Consultant
We are seeking a full-time staff Consultant with demonstrated experience in management consulting with familiarity with climate change, community conservation, indigenous rights and land tenure security and/or environmental philanthropy. The ideal candidate is a self-starter committed to our mission who enjoys fast-paced collaborative work. They would be comfortable working remotely for extended periods of time, with quarterly in-person meetings in Washington, DC.
Working with Indufor will give you the chance to work on projects that support nonprofit, governmental, private and philanthropic organizations focused on environmentally and socially sustainable natural resource management, providing them with the business and management tools critical to achieving mission success.
You will provide consulting services for philanthropic, public and private sector clients focused on the firm’s portfolio of work focused on facilitating strategic change. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Strategic, operational and diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) planning
- Flexible coaching/ scenario-planning engagements with individual organizations
- Capacity building and training programs
- Organizational assessments and evaluations for individual nonprofits as well as their funders
- Investment attraction and fundraising support
- Design and early-implementation support of collaborative partnership models
- Program design, implementation and management focused on community-centered conservation
You will typically work in teams of 2-5 consultants to identify, and oftentimes design and implement, potential solutions for a specific client problem or challenge. You will have the opportunity to work with our colleagues and clients around the world. We are a lean and agile company that offers the opportunity to grow and develop personal and professional skills within a collaborative team and inclusive organizational culture. Together, you will help clients make lasting improvements to their performance and realize their most important goals.
You will be responsible for:
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative research including identifying critical research questions in collaboration with the client and project team, designing research plans to answer those questions, gathering and analyzing quantitative (including financial) and qualitative data, and summarizing key findings and surface strategic implications.
- Strategy and deliverable development including contributing to client discussions, participating in the development of strategic priorities and programmatic/ financial/ operational implications, crafting client deliverables including slide decks, memos, research reports, and strategic plan narratives.
- Project, client and team management including managing the internal processes and workflows of each engagement (including managing immediate and long-term action items, facilitating the delegation of responsibilities among the team, proposing revisions to workplans, developing agendas and plans for client meetings) and handling significant amounts of client-facing communication and coordination.
- Business planning and development such as contributing to internal strategizing to grow the company and participating in in-person quarterly meetings in Washington, DC.
- Preparing project proposals, budgets and workplans.
- Supervising sub-consultants
- Contributing to the public profile and brand of Indufor North America, which could include delivering public presentations and drafting communications materials such as LinkedIn posts or blogs
About Indufor North America
Indufor North America is a management consulting firm and trusted partner to leading public, nonprofit, and private clients advancing an environmentally and socially sustainable bioeconomy. We serve clients in the forest industry, conservation, impact investment and international development sectors. Our mission is to provide insights and experience to clients, upholding the values of sustainable forests, landscapes, and communities.
We provide services along three core business lines:
- Supporting enhanced decision-making
- Facilitating strategic change
- Monitoring and evaluating progress
Indufor North America is part of the Indufor Group, which has over 40 years’ experience providing substantive, high-quality consulting services to the forest products industry, investment and donor communities, government, and non-profit organizations. Our offices in Finland, New Zealand, Australia, and the United States work together to generate positive impacts for our clients, the environment, and project stakeholders.
- Graduate degree in environmental studies, economics, sustainable business, forestry, agriculture, natural resource management, international relations/development, with three years’ work experience or a relevant undergraduate degree with five years’ work experience
- Ability to quickly analyze problems and develop and adapt frameworks to solve them
- Ability to synthesize clear takeaways from complex information into clear takeaways and recommendations using both qualitative and quantitative methods; experience with survey design, financial modeling, and/or data science preferred
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish trust-based relationships with diverse clients and colleagues around the world and create an inclusive environment with people at all levels of an organization
- Self-motivation and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Capability to drive an independent workstream in the context of a broader team project
- Ability to meet project deadlines and communicate progress to supervisors in a timely manner
- Desire to work with a small entrepreneurial team, independence with the awareness and judgment to seek help when needed
- Good command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and survey tools (e.g., Survey Monkey)
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of at least one other language, preferably Spanish
- Interest in cultivating company presence through new strategy and business development in North America and the Caribbean
- Work or study experience in low/middle-income countries preferred
We offer a competitive salary with possibilities for bonuses, generous paid time off, medical and dental insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance.
Indufor is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a résumé and one analytical writing sample to email@example.com with the subject line “Consultant, Organizational Strategy Candidates 2022.”