Indufor Group is one of the world’s leading natural resources and forest industry consulting service providers with offices in Finland, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and China. During our over 40 years of existence, we have served more than 300 private and public-sector clients in over 1000 projects all over the world. Our scope of services covers sustainable natural resources management, strategic forest industry development and investment advisory.
Climate change, increasing competition for land, and declining natural capital are global mega-challenges that all require a swift transition towards a green economy and bio-based production. Indufor is at the forefront of helping our clients find sustainable solutions – economic, social and environmental – at both local and global levels. Our mission is to provide insights and experience to clients, upholding the values of sustainable forests, landscapes, and communities.
Now, we are looking for a full-time consultant with experience in the field of forest carbon stocks and carbon sequestration to join our Helsinki team.
- Provide technical expertise and inputs for client projects implemented in the forest carbon sector; clients will range from private companies interested in insetting/offsetting their carbon impacts to public sector clients interested in accessing carbon markets.
- Prepare compelling technical proposals, project reports and client-facing presentations.
- Manage client projects related to forest-based carbon abatement and other nature-based solutions.
- Support sales and business development in the fields of natural resources management, sustainable supply chains and forest industry, with potential sales responsibility for selected target clients/markets.
- Participate actively in growing our portfolio of projects and clients while providing guidance to junior staff on technical elements related to forest carbon.
- M.Sc. studies in forestry or other relevant fields related to natural resources management
- Preceding relevant work experience (3 years and above preferred)
- Fluency in English
- Solid understanding of material flows in forest ecosystems
- Understanding of compliance and voluntary carbon markets and willingness to specialize further in selected aspects related to them
- Excellent problem-solving and analysis skills
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment with a ‘Can Do’ attitude and a hands-on mentality
- Willingness to travel
Additional beneficial skills:
- Knowledge of voluntary carbon markets and emerging quality initiatives to regulate them
- Knowledge of forest-related methodologies applied under major voluntary carbon market certification systems and exposure to their practical implementation
- Knowledge of compliance carbon markets/emission trading systems
- Knowledge of EU regulation in the LULUCF sector, especially related to forest carbon and biodiversity
- Experience in the GHG protocol
- Experience in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) assessments
- Good visualization skills
- Statistical software experience
- Consulting experience with excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of one other language, e.g., Spanish, Portuguese or French
International experience is also considered as an asset for the candidates.
Joining Indufor is an opportunity to do meaningful work that supports a growing bioeconomy founded on environmentally and socially sustainable landscapes and value chains. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop personal and professional skills and work within a collaborative team with our colleagues and clients around the world.
To express your interest in the position, please send your resume, application letter and copy of the University degree to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 October 2023, quoting the position you are applying for. Please note that we already reserve the right to start the interviews during the application time.