Position Contact: email@example.com
Office: Washington, DC
Apply Before: June 11, 2021
About Indufor North America
Indufor North America provides sustainability strategy, market analysis, and international development consulting services to public, private and nonprofit sector clients on enhancing natural resource management in the forestry and broader land use sector, both in the United States and abroad. Indufor North America is the newest company in the Indufor Group, which has a 40-year history of providing substantive, high-quality consulting services to the forest products industry, investment community, development, and non-profit organizations. Our offices in Finland, New Zealand, Australia, and the United States work together to generate positive impacts for our clients, the environment, and project stakeholders.
Working with Indufor
Working with Indufor will give you the chance to work on projects that support a growing bioeconomy built on environmentally and socially sustainable landscapes. Our work serves clients in the forest industry, conservation, natural resource management, and international development sectors. We are a lean and agile company that offers the opportunity to grow and develop personal and professional skills within a collaborative team.
Active work during the internship may include but not be limited to support on projects related to sustainable supply chains; forest-based bioeconomy investments and sector planning; land tenure; community-centered conservation with land trusts; environmental and social standards and metrics; organizational design and strategy; and scoping of marketing opportunities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
Indufor is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
You will gain experience in the following areas:
- Working as a team member on client projects involving literature review, market research, stakeholder outreach, data analysis, and quality control on topics related to sustainability, natural resource management, industry, and policy
- Providing support on business development tasks, including proposal writing, regularly scanning project procurement sites and marketing
- Writing blogs about sustainability strategy, international development, natural resource management, conservation and forest product markets
- Supporting administrative tasks including project administration, event organizing, database maintenance, and internal/external communications
- Degree: pursuing or recently attained MA/MS/MEM in environmental studies, economics, sustainable business, forestry, agriculture, natural resource management, international relations/development, or a related field
- Experience in climate change and forest industry / bioeconomy highly preferred
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively and concisely—both verbally and in writing
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; experience with survey design, financial modeling, and/or data science preferred
- Self-motivation and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to meet project deadlines and communicate progress to supervisors in a timely manner
- Desire to work with a small entrepreneurial team, independence with the awareness and judgment to seek help when needed
- Good command of Excel, PowerPoint, and a programming language (R or Python)
- Fluency in English and international work/study experience, Spanish fluency preferred
Duration: 6 – 9 months, starting June 2021
Time commitment: 20-40 hours/week for minimum of 6 months
Location: Remote (team based in Washington, DC; intern location flexible during COVID-19 work from home period)
How to apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Intern Candidates 2021.” Candidates will be notified via email only if selected for an interview. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a writing sample.
Interested experts, please apply with your CV to email@example.comApply for this position