Location: Remote - Reporting to Washington, DC office
Position Contact: Intern (paid)
Office: Indufor North America LLC
Apply Before: October 23, 2020
Time commitment: Approx. 20 hours/week for minimum of 6 months
About Indufor North America
Indufor North America provides sustainability strategy, market analysis, and international development consulting services to public and private sector clients on enhancing natural resource management in the forestry and broader land use sector, both in the United States and abroad. Indufor North America is the newest company in the Indufor Group, which has a 40-year history of providing substantive, high-quality consulting services to the forest products industry, investment community, development and non-profit organizations. Our offices in Finland, New Zealand, Australia, and the United States work together to generate positive impacts for our clients, the environment, and project stakeholders.
Working with Indufor
Working with Indufor will give you a chance to work on projects related to a myriad of complex forest landscape, forest industry, natural resource management, and international development challenges in a lean and agile company. We offer the opportunity to grow and develop personal and professional skills in a collaborative team.
Active work during the internship may include but not be limited to support on projects related to sustainable supply chains; forest-based bioeconomy investments; land tenure; community conservation with land trusts; environmental and social standards and metrics; and scoping of marketing opportunities in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean.
The Intern will gain experience in the following areas:
- Working as a team member on client projects involving literature review, market research, stakeholder outreach, data analysis, and quality control on topics related to sustainability, natural resource management, industry, and policy
- Providing support on business development tasks, including proposal writing and marketing
- Writing short blogs about sustainability strategy, international development, and forest product markets
- Supporting administrative tasks including project administration, event organizing, database maintenance, and internal/external communications
- Degree: pursuing or recently attained BA/BS in environmental studies, economics, sustainable business, forestry, agriculture, natural resource management, or a related field
- Excellent communication skills, particularly written skills with the ability to express complex concepts clearly and concisely
- Exceptional research skills
- Strong quantitative analysis and data management skills; experience with survey design, financial modeling, and data science preferred
- Self-motivation and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to meet project deadlines and communicate progress to supervisors in a timely manner
- Desire to work with a small entrepreneurial team, independence with the awareness and judgment to seek help when needed
- Good command of Excel, PowerPoint, and a programming language (R or Python)
- Fluency in English and international work/study experience, Spanish fluency preferred
Duration: 6 – 9 months, starting October / November 2020
Location: Remote (team based in Washington, DC; intern location flexible during COVID-19 work from home period)
How to apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “Intern Candidates 2020.” Candidates will be notified via email only if selected for an interview. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a writing sample.
Interested experts, please apply with your CV to Intern (paid)Apply for this position