Position Contact: admin
Office: Indufor North America
Apply Before: July 9, 2021
Indufor North America is a management consulting firm and trusted partner to leading public, nonprofit, and private clients advancing an environmentally and socially sustainable bioeconomy. We serve clients in the forest industry, conservation, impact investment and international development sectors. Our mission is to provide insights and experience to clients, upholding the values of sustainable forests, landscapes, and livelihoods.
We provide services along three core business lines:
Indufor North America is the newest company in the Indufor Group, which has a 40-year history of providing substantive, high-quality consulting services to the forest products industry, investment and donor communities, government, and non-profit organizations. Our offices in Finland, New Zealand, Australia, and the United States work together to generate positive impacts for our clients, the environment, and project stakeholders.
Working with Indufor
Working with Indufor will give you the chance to work on projects that support a growing bioeconomy built on environmentally and socially sustainable landscapes and value chains. You will have the opportunity to work with our colleagues and clients around the world. We are a lean and agile company that offers the opportunity to grow and develop personal and professional skills within a collaborative team and inclusive organizational culture.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing consulting services for public and private sector clients within our three core business lines, including:
- qualitative and quantitative analysis related to natural resources management, governance, and policy
- data collection, project design, and program evaluation, including in-person stakeholder engagement and potential fieldwork in rural areas post-COVID
- succinct report writing and presentation
- Preparing project proposals, budgets, and work plans
- Supervision of sub-consultants
- Working collaboratively with and managing clients
- Meeting project deadlines and communicating project progress to supervisors
- Contributing to the public image of Indufor North America, which could include delivering public presentations and drafting communications materials such as LinkedIn posts or blogs
- Internal strategizing to grow the company and participating in in-person quarterly meetings in Washington, DC
You will have the opportunity to :
- Research and analysis advancing a sustainable bioeconomy (e.g., advising on strategy or new investments in North America and abroad)
- Contribute to program or project design, early-implementation support and/or evaluations related to sustainable supply chains, climate, and forest landscapes
- Provide data analysis for analytical reports, workshop design and facilitation, proposal writing
- Project management
- Networking and conference participation/speaking
Who we are seeking
We are seeking a full-time staff Consultant with demonstrated experience in climate change, forest industry and/or forest bioeconomy. The ideal candidate is a self-starter committed to our mission who enjoys fast-paced collaborative work. They would be comfortable working remotely for extended periods of time, with quarterly in-person meetings in Washington, DC.
- Track record of rigorous analytical work forestry, natural resource management, climate change, or responsible investment in the bioeconomy
- Ability to quickly analyze problems and develop and adapt frameworks to solve them
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with clients and colleagues around the world
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills; experience with survey design, financial modeling, and/or data science preferred
- Self-motivation and ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to meet project deadlines and communicate progress to supervisors in a timely manner
- Desire to work with a small entrepreneurial team, independence with the awareness and judgment to seek help when needed
- Graduate degree in environmental studies, economics, sustainable business, forestry, agriculture, natural resource management, international relations/development, with two years’ work experience or a relevant undergraduate degree with four years’ work experience
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of at least one other language, preferably Spanish
- Interest in cultivating company presence through new strategy and business development in North America
- Work or study experience in low/middle-income countries preferred
We offer competitive salary with possibilities for bonuses, generous paid-time off, medical and dental insurance, short term and long-term disability insurance.
Indufor is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You must be authorized to work in the United States.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a résumé and one analytical writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Consultant Candidates 2021”.
Interested experts, please apply with your CV to adminApply for this position